The Events DC Nation’s Triathlon To Benefit the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society is known for its scenic course that winds through National Mall, Memorial Parks and other historical landmarks in Washington DC. We are currently working with our government partners to enhance the 2014 bike course in order to further showcase the majestic beauty of our nation’s capital and provide the best experience for triathletes.
Course route subject to change at any time with or without prior notice.
- Bikes must be racked on Saturday prior to the race from 11:00 AM - 7:00 PM. Once racked, bikes will remain in the transition area and may not be removed until the race. Bikes MUST have bike numbers fastened on them and all athletes must have their race bracelets on to enter the transition area.
- Helmets must be on AND fastened before triathletes mount their bikes.
- Do not mount your bike until you are out of the transition area and past the mount/dismount line.
- ABSOLUTELY NO RIDING IN THE TRANSITION AREA.
- STAY RIGHT ON THE BIKE COURSE UNLESS YOU ARE PASSING OR BEGINNING YOUR SECOND LOOP. DO NOT RIDE ABREAST FROM ANOTHER COMPETITOR FOR ANY REASON WHATSOEVER UNLESS YOU ARE PASSING OR BEGINNING YOUR SECOND LOOP.
- No headphones, cell phones,or devices of any kind that play music are permitted on the course at any time.
- Do not litter.
- If you have a flat move your bike off the course.
- Emergency conditions may occur during the race. Please pay attention to your surroundings for indication of the need to clear the course or take other instructed action.
The 2014 Nation’s Triathlon Course is subject to change at any time with or without prior notice.